Monday, July 8, 2019

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: A New Chapter

You already know - change can be tough. It can also be exciting and necessary. This new chapter represents ALL those: the good, the bad, and the ugly.

For several years I have worked hard to bring useful instructional technology to a small school. The last few years I have been charged with managing and coaching the instructional technology. This past year I worked as the technology director. I did this while also teaching English. Well, mainly English. I've also had some computer apps classes, keyboarding classes, a business class, and a theater tech class. This is the nature of a small school. 

Due to some unfortunate circumstances, I felt the need for a change. While taking some time to catch my breath, I will simply be an English teacher. By "simple" I do not mean easy; teaching is never easy. I mean I will not be wearing so many hats. This is a great opportunity for me to stretch my imagination in how I will approach the class. I hope to do something that gets the kids excited from the time they walk in the door on the first day until they leave on the last. A challenge? Most definitely. Am I up for it? You bet. 

Each stop along my journey has taught me something new. Each stop has made me bolder. Each stop has made me stronger. Each stop has made me better. I expect this stop will do the same. 

I don't know where I will go from here, but I do want to get back into administration some day. I love being able to share my passion, excitement, and knowledge with other teachers so they will be as excited as I am to walk into the classroom. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment