Saturday, June 28, 2014

The Pointer Sisters, Shrek, and Professional Development

I occasionally (aka all the time) have a hard time focusing on one task. My mind jumps from one subject to another, and my co-worker thinks I am a bit ADD. Here is an example of my thought process when thinking about professional development: I am very excited, the Pointer Sisters had a song about excitement,  they also had a song in Beverly Hills Cop, Eddie Murphy was in that movie, I really liked Eddie Murphy in Shrek... This explains why I may suddenly blurt out something about green ogres in a professional development meeting.

Like I said, I am very excited about all the PD I have gotten via Twitter.  I have learned more in the past three months than I have learned since I began teaching. Teaming up with teachers all around the world has been an enlightening experience!

Unfortunately,  not everyone has jumped on this opportunity, and, frankly, it is discouraging. Internally I am on the floor kicking and screaming like my three-year-old. I am so passionate about my profession and my school that I can't understand why others are not participating.

Maybe others are not following my time table. I have to understand that each person is different, and they may show more interest when a few others and I demonstrate what we've learned. My hope is that our excitement will be contagious. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink, right?

Speaking of horses, did I ever tell you how much I like Eddie Murphy in Shrek...

2 comments:

  1. :) I love your enthusiasm. I agree; however, I am only responsible for myself . . . though I think they call me the crazy Twitter lady at school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! After the weekly emails I've sent, I bet they think I'm a crazy Twitter Lady too!

      Delete