Sunday, July 6, 2014

When the teacher becomes the student

Sometimes I feel sorry for my children;  I realize it must be tough to have a mom that is a teacher. Homework is always done right after school, summer reading is discussed in detail, giving 100 percent is the minimum.

There are times, however,  when I see the fruits of my labor.  Each of my teenagers have brought a tear to my eye this summer. Well, they often bring a tear to my eyes, but this time it was happy tears.

My interest in technology has not gone unnoticed by my 13-year-old, Justin. He has heard all about the exciting things I have planned for the coming school year. Recently Justin decided to make his own personal website filled with Lego information. His fascination with Legos has me convinced of his future as an engineer. I am so excited to see what he will do with his site!

My 15-year-old, Jackson,  just finished his summer reading novel. It was The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.  He flew through it and promptly announced that he wanted to throw the book away when he finished it. Jackson was devastated by the events in the book. He later asked me to buy him a book about argument. I was again brought to tears by my child's investment in academia.

Like I said, it must be hard to have a mom that is a teacher. Even though they complain, they continue to exceed my expectations!


No comments:

Post a Comment